Medical Models – Credible, Accurate, Powerful Communication Tools
Imagining having the ability to ‘virtually’ reach into the body and pull out a duplicate model of the bone injury that could be rested on the table or passed around. That’s not far off from what we do!
The models created by 3D Prototype Design are as accurate as the quality and resolution of the original CT or MRI scan data that is provided. Once the data is prepared, the model is sliced into layers within the computer software and then is physically built, one layer at a time at .004” increments (about 2 hairs thick) until all layers are complete.
In addition to creating a duplicate of the injury or issue, there is also the ability to reproduce post surgery models with hardware such as pins, screws and rods in place.
Our models not only assist medical experts prior and throughout a patients recovery, they also offer the legal community with compelling demonstrative evidence.
Courtroom Exhibit Benefits:
- A credible model that can be used as demonstrative evidence
- Settle out of court faster (at mediation or pre-trail)
- Potentially increase settlement values
- Produced directly from supplied CT or MRI DICOM data scans
- 3 dimensional models that you can hold
- Clearly communicate your client’s injury
- Easily conveys personal injury or medical malpractice cases
- Bridge the communication gap between medical experts and trial participants
- Exact representations, not interpretation of the data
- Made using engineered plastic offering outstanding durability and strength
- Simple and fast